If you are traveling soon and don't have a passport, or your passport is expired, you will need to apply for an expedited passport. If your passport has less than six months of validity, meaning your passport will expire in less than six months after the date of your return, then you will also need to expedite your passport application. 
Expedited passport applications require proof of international travel. What is proof of international travel? The U.S. Department of State wants to see proof of confirmed international travel in order to expedite your passport application. Proof of travel should be confirmation that your trip has been booked and paid for, thereby requiring the immediate processing of your passport. The proof of travel should include your name, travel dates, and proof of international destination. 
You can submit a print out of your flight iterary, hotel reservation, travel itinerary from a travel agent, online booking confirmations, e-tickets, cruise tickets, and even a business letter. Each expedited passport application is reviewed on a case by case basis. You will want to make sure you provide accurate and legitimate proof of travel plans. 
Business letters should be on company letterhead. The business letter should also be signed by an official in your company other than yourself. Make sure the business letter adequately states the purpose of your trip, the destination, and anticipated travel dates. You should also explain why you are not able to provide an itinerary. You are allowed to submit a photocopy or fax of this letter. Please remember that all proof of travel is accepted on a case by case basis.
Acceptable Proof of Foreign Travel
  • Flight itinerary
  • Hotel reservation
  • Travel itinerary from a travel agent
  • Cruise tickets
  • Business letter from your employer
Expedited passport applications can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks to 24 hours to process. It all depends on what service speed you choose and how quickly you can get your documents in for processing. Proof of travel is not required for adult passport renewal applications. An adult passport renewal is only for applicants with a U.S. passport less than 5 years expired, in your possession, not damaged and issued when you were 16 or older. However, the U.S. Department of State can reject or suspend your passport application for any reason. We highly recommend always including confirmed travel plans for all expedited passport applications. 

Posted by Steven Fox

Compliant Passport Photos 
Printed in less than an hour.

Download today!

passport photo creator app ad